Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
William Charles
Votes |
Advice on cash out refi on non warrantable condos

William Charles
Posted May 13 2022, 14:00

Hello, I could use some advice on my current situation. I’m finishing up renovation on 2 non warrantable condos that won’t qualify for traditional financing. What would be the best loan product to seek to cash out refi? 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied May 13 2022, 16:39

Hi @William Charles, you will have to utilize a non-QM loan on this. You have two options:

Option 1: Full Doc. Lower rate but stricter underwriting.

Option 2: DSCR. Higher rate but more lenient underwriting.

There are obviously a lot more differences but, in a nutshell, if you value speed and ease over rate, go with DSCR. If you value rate over speed and ease, go with full doc.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

User Stats

Votes
Nick Belsky
  • Residential and Commercial Broker
Votes |
  • Residential and Commercial Broker
Replied May 14 2022, 12:06

@William Charles

A few DSCR lenders are competing right along with full doc loans. Keep shopping around or get with a mortgage broker to shop for you.

NWCs add a variable but are still able to be reasonably financed. The LTVs for the Cash Out may be a bit lower compared to SFR or 1-4 unit.

Cheers!

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
William Charles
Votes |
Replied May 16 2022, 16:52
Quote from @Andrew Garcia:

Hi @William Charles, you will have to utilize a non-QM loan on this. You have two options:

Option 1: Full Doc. Lower rate but stricter underwriting.

Option 2: DSCR. Higher rate but more lenient underwriting.

There are obviously a lot more differences but, in a nutshell, if you value speed and ease over rate, go with DSCR. If you value rate over speed and ease, go with full doc.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you for the advice!

User Stats

Votes
William Charles
Votes |
Replied May 16 2022, 16:53
Quote from @Nick Belsky:

@William Charles

A few DSCR lenders are competing right along with full doc loans. Keep shopping around or get with a mortgage broker to shop for you.

NWCs add a variable but are still able to be reasonably financed. The LTVs for the Cash Out may be a bit lower compared to SFR or 1-4 unit.

Cheers!

Thank you for the advice!