Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Alan Hale
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fort Worth/Grandview Texas
Votes |
Becoming a Lender - How to go to being the HML/private lender.

Alan Hale
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fort Worth/Grandview Texas
Posted May 26 2022, 14:59

We've all read how to finance RE deals with hard money and private money. Does anyone have experience being a HML or private lender? If so, do you have books you recommend, or a place where I can start learning? If you want to PM about it (not on a public forum) I'd love to talk to you about it.

User Stats

Votes
David Garner
  • Investor
  • Ellwood City, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ellwood City, PA
Replied May 27 2022, 01:16
Quote from @Alan Hale:

We've all read how to finance RE deals with hard money and private money. Does anyone have experience being a HML or private lender? If so, do you have books you recommend, or a place where I can start learning? If you want to PM about it (not on a public forum) I'd love to talk to you about it.

Hi Alan... I run a private lending program where we help passive investors become lenders. We have nothing to sell you, and I'd be happy to chat.

DG

User Stats

Votes
Beth Johnson
  • Lender
  • Renton, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Renton, WA
Replied May 27 2022, 10:18

Hi Alan! 

There's a book about becoming a private money lender that will be published on July 28th through BiggerPockets! It's called Lend to Live: Earn Hassle-Free Passive Income in Real Estate with Private Money Lending. (I co-authored it, so that's why I know! :)) 

My partner and I also host a forum on Facebook called Lend2Live: Private Lending Lessons where you can come learn more about getting started in PML and network with others in the same space as well. In this group, we will be hosting a virtual office hours for anyone wanting to learn about private lending that you can attend twice a month too. Our first one was last night and about 12-15 investors/lenders joined the fun from all over the country and in various phases of private lending. Some aspiring, some new/novice, some scaling. It was a great way to connect with others doing the same thing. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hunt
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied May 27 2022, 10:30

Let's talk, we can get him or any one set up to lend through us without licensing. For hard money or 30 year fixed