Sam Crochet
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tiny Home Financing?

Sam Crochet
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jun 25 2022, 11:04

Hi Everyone!

I am a by/hold/value add (and STR) investor in GA trying to add two tiny homes or container homes to a property near Atlanta. Has anyone had any luck financing these tiny homes besides using lightstream or Sofi, etc.? The best terms (Summer 2022) I've seen are 10 years 6.49% APR up to $100K. Would be great to find a 15-20 year loan term to increase cash flow.

Anyone know of any banks/lenders that are familiar with tiny homes and offer better terms?? Am happy to trade ideas on STRs/value add ideas as well as the Atl/East GA market as well.

Thank you so much for reading and any help is greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jun 25 2022, 17:49

@Sam Crochet You may want to talk to some tiny home manufacturers, dealers and/or community owners. They may have some insight for you and have some referrals too. Also, check locally with small banks and credit unions to see if they can offer any options. Working with a private lender or bringing in a partner is another option as well. Hope that helps! 

User Stats

Votes
LaTanya Green
  • New to Real Estate
  • Houston
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Houston
Replied Jun 7 2023, 18:25

Hi @Sam Crochet. Were you able to find financing for tiny homes? I am interested in buying a few myself.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes