• Real Estate Agent
  • Minot, ND
Votes |
Trouble Finding a Commercial Lender Willing to Open LOC

Amy Raye Rogers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minot, ND
Posted Jul 12 2022, 17:00

Last year we cross collateralized our portfolio into a line of credit, unlocking the ability to make cash offers on properties and spin them off into mortgages later.  This has really accelerated our growth.  My brother-in-law, who has much more equity then we do is having a hard time finding a similar product in the Denison/Sherman Texas area.  This is surprising to me because that market is much larger than the one we invest in.  Any tips on where he should be looking to find the right institutional partner? 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Hehman
  • Realtor
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Washington, DC
Replied Jul 13 2022, 12:17

Hi Amy, if he has an LLC that is at least 2 years old, I may be able to help with unsecured business lines of credit. If he wants and LOC collateralized by his properties, a relationship with a local bank or CU may be the best option. Feel free to DM me to chat more.

User Stats

Votes
Nick Belsky
  • Residential and Commercial Broker
Votes |
  • Residential and Commercial Broker
Replied Jul 14 2022, 20:43

@Amy Raye Rogers

Are you working with any mortgage brokers who specialize in scaling businesses? or any at all?  There are at least three I work with who are still doing warehouse LOCs for scaling businesses.

Texas is an easy market to lend in too.  They do have minimums to meet in order to qualify for these programs...

Cheers!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes