Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes

Business Line of Credit on Rental Property - Richmond VA

Posted Aug 16 2022, 12:34

Hi all,

I have been using the BRRR strategy and refinancing my money out of rentals. I would like to explore opening a business line of credit based on the equity I have in my rental as an alternative to refinancing. I've heard this is possible, but every bank I have talked to so far doesn't seem to carry this loan product. Does anyone know of any lenders that would offer this? Specifically in the Richmond?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jossalyn Wallace
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Destin, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Destin, FL
Replied Aug 16 2022, 12:40

Im not sure if you have Hancock and Whitney in your area but I know by me, they offer some products like that! 

User Stats

Votes
Sergey A. Petrov
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 16 2022, 13:06

If it is an equity line of credit, it is a HELOC. If you are borrowing against a business and/or business income it is a business line of credit. I think you are looking for a HELOC

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Webb
  • Investor
  • Central Virginia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Central Virginia
Replied Aug 16 2022, 13:10

Hi @Nicholas Adam Cramer, you could look into Fund & Grow, they might be able to get you some business credit. I know that was something they offered me that as an option when I looked at creative financing. I will be honest and say I was not happy with my experience with them, but they did what they promised and I was able to get several thousand dollars for financing. 

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Aug 16 2022, 17:57

@Nicholas Adam Cramer

No I don't have any advice but I will say a big thank you for not asking for a HELOC LOL