Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Tammy Frizzell
Votes |
Hard/Private money for acquisition of single family

Tammy Frizzell
Posted Sep 7 2022, 07:29

Seeking some guidance. I found a deal and am seeking funding. Single family property in Southern Maine market. Acquisition costs $170k, repair costs $75k, ARV of $400k. I have successfully completed two flips previous to this. I have 5 years experience as an agent/broker, 5 years doing appraisals and 3 years in construction. Trying to build my empire, can you point me in the right direction?

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 7 2022, 08:49

Sounds like you should have no problem qualifying for a hard money loan. Are you planning to fix and flip or BRRRR once the rehab is done, or keeping options open?

User Stats

Votes
Miranda Holland
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Cortland, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Cortland, NY
Replied Sep 7 2022, 09:17

Using other people's money is the fastest way to build an empire. Your deal definitely qualifies for hard money. If you want to hold this property after repairs are completed, you can refinance for a lower, long term rate. I'll send you a PM 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Sep 7 2022, 10:11
Quote from @Tammy Frizzell:

Seeking some guidance. I found a deal and am seeking funding. Single family property in Southern Maine market. Acquisition costs $170k, repair costs $75k, ARV of $400k. I have successfully completed two flips previous to this. I have 5 years experience as an agent/broker, 5 years doing appraisals and 3 years in construction. Trying to build my empire, can you point me in the right direction?

It sounds like a fix and flip loan would be a great tool for your empire. There is a few lenders that can do 90% LTC, 100% financing on the repairs, and up to 75% ARV

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Michael Kinsella
  • Lender
Votes |

@Tammy Frizzell Two reasonable starting points...

1. Network --> Hard Money Lenders --> Filter by state on Bigger Pockets

2. Attending local REIA events to network with HML reps, individual private lenders, and other investors for HML referrals.

HMLs will also look at FICO and your liquidity, but from what you've said above, you shouldn't have a problem getting financing.

The margin on your deal is hefty and you have experience; the experience most HMLs will look at is recent completed deals.

Be sure to speak with enough lenders so that you have options and be sure to understand;

1. Leverage (LTC/LTARV limitations)

2. Pricing (not just the interest rate, but also origination points, fees, and pre-closing costs)

3. Term length

4. Prepayment penalty (if any)

5. Construction draw process/timing

6. Extension fees

Hope this helps,

Michael

User Stats

Votes
Bob Reinhard
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Patterson, NY
Replied Sep 7 2022, 11:47
On its face, the deal numbers are positive. That being said, reach out anytime to discuss anything real estate.
Bob

User Stats

Votes
Dan Weber
  • Realtor
  • Portland, ME
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Portland, ME
Replied Sep 7 2022, 17:24

@Tammy Frizzell give @David Lichten a try, he's a great, local hard money lender that does plenty of business in the area.

• Real Estate Agent Maine (#BA923337)

Vista Real Estate Brokers Logo

User Stats

Votes
David Lichten
  • Lender
  • Maine
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Maine
Replied Sep 8 2022, 20:24
Quote from @Dan Weber:

@Tammy Frizzell give @David Lichten a try, he's a great, local hard money lender that does plenty of business in the area.

HI Tammy, just sent you a message. Happy to discuss your project when you have a free moment!