Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Elliot Hendler
Votes |
DSCR lenders with good track records that work in philly market

Elliot Hendler
Posted Oct 11 2022, 06:44

Hey, I have a SF that is rented, for 1100 a month, with 102,500 pay off to my hard money lender and should appraise for around 160-170k im looking to get out of my hard money loan and into a 30 year fixed, and looking to make a relationship with a lender that does DSCR loans in the area.

Any recommendations or introductions would be greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Minocchi
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Replied Oct 11 2022, 09:01

Hi Elliot, many lenders do DSCR loans in your area. Happy to discuss further.

Barrett Financial Group, L.L.C. Logo

User Stats

Votes
Elliot Hendler
Votes |
Replied Oct 11 2022, 09:12

hey yes I understand that I was just hoping for a recommendation of one lender that people have had a good experience with and were familiar with Philadelphia and can provide a DSCR loan…

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Defngin
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Rockville, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Rockville, MD
Replied Oct 11 2022, 09:14
Quote from @Elliot Hendler:

Hey, I have a SF that is rented, for 1100 a month, with 102,500 pay off to my hard money lender and should appraise for around 160-170k im looking to get out of my hard money loan and into a 30 year fixed, and looking to make a relationship with a lender that does DSCR loans in the area.

This will be a tight one for any DSCR lender.  Most lenders in that space would want to see a DSCR of at least 1:1 ratio, some especially in the current environment would want 1.25:1 ratio, and with higher interest rates now, just your Principal & Interest payment alone is going to put you closer to that $1,000 mark.  Add in your other expenses such as insurance, taxes, etc. and you'll probably exceed that.  

Keep checking around, maybe someone will be able to do it. Good luck. 
Vellum Mortgage, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 11 2022, 09:24

Hi Elliot,

This looks like something that I could put together a loan for. Happy to take a look, if you want to DM me. 

User Stats

Votes
Eric Goldman
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Replied Oct 11 2022, 09:43

hey yes I understand that I was just hoping for a recommendation of one lender that people have had a good experience with and were familiar with Philadelphia and can provide a DSCR loan…

maybe a rate and term refi into a 30 year fixed, if you can get cash out get it out, but it seems slim. with out knowing more details. 

a great broker in the area could help...

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie P.
Pro Member
#4 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Washington, DC Mortgage Lender/Broker
Replied Oct 11 2022, 14:10
Quote from @Paul Defngin:

This will be a tight one for any DSCR lender.  Most lenders in that space would want to see a DSCR of at least 1:1 ratio, some especially in the current environment would want 1.25:1 ratio, and with higher interest rates now, just your Principal & Interest payment alone is going to put you closer to that $1,000 mark.  Add in your other expenses such as insurance, taxes, etc. and you'll probably exceed that.  

Keep checking around, maybe someone will be able to do it. Good luck. 

It's all a math problem right @Paul Defngin:)

User Stats

Votes
Chad Davis
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Richmond VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Richmond VA
Replied Oct 11 2022, 16:28

@Elliot Hendler Happy to take a look

User Stats

Votes
Rob Lawrence
  • Real Estate Agent
  • West Chester, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • West Chester, PA
Replied Oct 12 2022, 04:08

I know a good guy, based out of West Chester, PA

User Stats

Votes
Elliot Hendler
Votes |
Replied Oct 12 2022, 10:57

Definitely interested in working with someone local

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Oct 12 2022, 19:49

Hi Elliot, 

How long ago did you buy this property? Did you complete all the rehab work on this property? And do you have comps to support your valuation? 

There are plenty of DSCR lenders here on this forum. Connecting with a broker that is very experienced in the nuances of this loan type, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 12 2022, 20:14

Make sure 100% the lender can pull the cash out with 75% LTV after appraisal in 6 months.

User Stats

Votes
Elliot Hendler
Votes |
Replied Oct 12 2022, 20:20
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Hi Elliot, 

How long ago did you buy this property? Did you complete all the rehab work on this property? And do you have comps to support your valuation? 

There are plenty of DSCR lenders here on this forum. Connecting with a broker that is very experienced in the nuances of this loan type, wouldn't be a bad idea.

1 year, full remodeled pretty much and rented, the supportive sold properties were all within the last 6 months and a half mile and the lowest was 175 the highest was 210
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Oct 14 2022, 08:02
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Hi Elliot, 

1 year, full remodeled pretty much and rented, the supportive sold properties were all within the last 6 months and a half mile and the lowest was 175 the highest was 210

Sounds great. Just Pm'd you

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 21 2022, 09:29

@Elliot Hendler I'm fairly sure the One Brokerage works there