User Stats

Votes
Michael Taylor
Votes |
Multi State STR Goals

Michael Taylor
Posted Dec 31 2022, 11:56

Hello,

I’m sure like most people, I have a goal of buying a property in every state that I would like to live or visit. For example, I want to buy a house in San Diego and be able to go there whenever I want, live there for however long, and then rent it out when I’m not using it. I’d like to have places in AZ, CA, FL, GA, NY, MT, ID

My question is, for anyone that has done this, what type of loan do you get for this to start out? What type of loan do you get to acquire your second property and so on? Do you get a conventional, secondary, investment? Are they all conventional loans? All secondary loan? All investment loans? Do you talk to a private lender or a regular bank? What was your process?

Also I think people make it seem like they purchase all of their properties within weeks. So realistically, how long did it take you to acquire these properties?

If this has been asked and answered before in another forum I apologize. If you have the link to that forum discussing it, it would be a huge help.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Simmy Ahluwalia
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 2 2023, 15:15

Michael, if you want to scale your STR investments, then DSCR loans are the best way to go. They won't look at your personal DTI or tax returns to qualify for a loan. Since all loans are closed in an LLC, your personal DTI won't be affected. It's very "asset based" lending. Our current STR rates are in the 7's fixed.