• Investor
  • grand prairie / st.louis, texas/ Missouri
Votes |
Refinance in low income neighborhoods

Jasmine Wilkes
  • Investor
  • grand prairie / st.louis, texas/ Missouri
Posted Mar 20 2023, 15:54

Hi all. Was wondering where to go to do any refinancing on homes in low income areas.. the houses are under 100k more like 50k to maybe 80k.. banks have a minimum house worth 100k.. I own it free and clear so there is no mortgage.  So can't do a heloc cause they want you to have a 1st mortgage already.. who does refinancing on house under 100k? And with the money I would rehab the house adding a bed and a bath so I'm adding value to the home and with the rest I will be using it to acquire more homes with my llc and work my company 100% of the time.. 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 20 2023, 16:33

I have yet to find a lender who will do this. You may find a private money lender who will do a 30 year cash out refi. 

User Stats

Votes
Matt Quinn
  • Lender
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Saint Louis, MO
Replied Mar 24 2023, 08:52

I might be able to do them, depending on your scenario and how much you're looking to borrow. Feel free to give me a shout if you're interested in connecting.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 25 2023, 08:25
Quote from @Jasmine Wilkes:

Hi all. Was wondering where to go to do any refinancing on homes in low income areas.. the houses are under 100k more like 50k to maybe 80k.. banks have a minimum house worth 100k.. I own it free and clear so there is no mortgage.  So can't do a heloc cause they want you to have a 1st mortgage already.. who does refinancing on house under 100k? And with the money I would rehab the house adding a bed and a bath so I'm adding value to the home and with the rest I will be using it to acquire more homes with my llc and work my company 100% of the time.. 

A few DSCR lenders will do these refinances with a minimum loan at $75k so should be workable