• Lakewood Ranch, FL
Votes |
Long term rental refi product

Ben Sturgill
  • Investor
  • Lakewood Ranch, FL
Posted May 4 2023, 12:50

HI all, 

My partner and I are looking for a long-term rental refinance product for single-family homes. We have been doing a lot of flips with a LOC and hard money for the down payment. However, we plan to start retaining these in a long-term rental portfolio. Once renovated, rented, and stabilized we are looking to refinance the properties with a long-term loan. I've been told of a product that fits this criteria but it would require lumping 5 properties together at once. Does anyone know of a product to do this one at a time? THanks

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Cuvelier
  • New to Real Estate
  • Twin Falls ID + Des Moines, IA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Twin Falls ID + Des Moines, IA
Replied May 4 2023, 13:53

There are financing options available that allow you to refinance multiple properties together - commonly referred to as a portfolio loans or blanket loans. Here's a few options:

- Portfolio Lenders: some local banks/credit unions/specialized lenders offer portfolio loans. They are more flexible w/ their underwriting criteria and might be willing to consider a refi for multiple properties like your given situation.

- Commercial Lenders: these loans typically are tailored for commercial properties or investment portfolios 

- Online Lenders/Crowdfunding Platforms

They will all typically evaluate the overall performance and value of your portfolio, as well as your creditworthiness. I recommend reaching out to multiple lenders, explain your strategy, and inquire info about their portfolio loan options. Terms/int rates/fees/eligibility/etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Jared Rine
Lender
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied May 4 2023, 15:38

@Ben Sturgill..there are loan products out there that should allow you to do this, assuming your properties/you qualify.  So you'll bundle 5, then rinse, repeat?  Is that correct?

• Lender California (#01915324) and California (#893462)

United Lending Partners Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hurst
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Lender
#2 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Dallas, TX
Replied May 4 2023, 17:18
Quote from @Ben Sturgill:

HI all, 

My partner and I are looking for a long-term rental refinance product for single-family homes. We have been doing a lot of flips with a LOC and hard money for the down payment. However, we plan to start retaining these in a long-term rental portfolio. Once renovated, rented, and stabilized we are looking to refinance the properties with a long-term loan. I've been told of a product that fits this criteria but it would require lumping 5 properties together at once. Does anyone know of a product to do this one at a time? THanks

@Ben Sturgill  No reason at all that you should have to do this 5 properties at a time. There are any number of products that would allow you to refi out of the hard money loan one at a time. 

• Lender Alabama (#69841), Virginia (#MLO-35815VA), Texas (#323441), Pennsylvania (#64778), Oregon (#323441), Louisiana (#323411), Iowa (#31166), Georgia (#55988), Florida (#LO40080), and Colorado (#100506224)

Hurst Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied May 4 2023, 17:32

HI all, 

Yes you can do this easily on a blanket loan. Up to 75% LTV

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ben Sturgill
  • Investor
  • Lakewood Ranch, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lakewood Ranch, FL
Replied May 4 2023, 17:57

HI all, 

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the feedback. I should have mentioned the product I was told about that needed to bundle 5 properties together was offered at 5.8-6.2%. I'm looking for a product at or below 6% that allows us to refinance them one at a time at 75% LTV.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 5 2023, 03:40

Use DSCR lending.

User Stats

Votes
Frantz Joseph
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • GA
Replied May 5 2023, 04:44

@Ben Sturgill

Hi I used Lending one to do a cash out refi on a 3 family. 25%ltv 30yr fixed rate debt. Must be titled in llc.

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied May 11 2023, 15:36

@Ben Sturgill- thanks ...depending on how many financed proeprties you presently have - there are plently of lenders that  can provide  refinances for  rental properties  on a  property  by  property  premise 

User Stats

Votes
David Taylor
  • Lender
  • Irvine, Ca
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Irvine, Ca
Replied May 11 2023, 15:57

DSCR financing accomplishes this.

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 13 2023, 06:44

You will not find an investment property loan that is sub 6 right now. Unless you buy points and have a really low loan to value. 

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo