Coventional mortgage! I am still upside down

5 Replies

I just found out my home Is valued at 231,000 down another 30,000 from 7/2014. I purchased the home in a affluent town of RI which I paid 378,000 back in 2004 with 20% down.  Soon after we took out a 20,000 2nd on the home. My current rate in 4.75 on the 1st. after a refi in 2009.

I'm still in a conventional mortgage is there any programs out there that I can get a even better rate or reduced payment?

The HARP refinance program has been extended to Dec 31, 2015. If you are under water with your mortgage you may want to check it out.

I would start calling around to local brokers. They are going to know the local programs that you would qualify for!

Last time I looked at my refi my mortgage is still conventional. I will call around other brokers to see what I can do. I know I didn't qualify before for the HARP before but BOA did lower my rates.  

Thank you

Originally posted by @Sean Cavanaugh :

Last time I looked at my refi my mortgage is still conventional. I will call around other brokers to see what I can do. I know I didn't qualify before for the HARP before but BOA did lower my rates.  

Thank you

Was there ever any remedy for this situation? Sean Cavanaugh