good credit

5 Replies

Hello everyone! 

For the last 5 to 6 months i've been cleaning up my credit. my scores range from the middle 700 to low 800. The problem is, now I got my credit together I'm trying to figure out a way to use it "creatively". I'm a little unsure what step to take next to build a portfolio. Need some advice! 

Well done @Obdia Whitmore .  Those scores are great.  Any lender will first look at your credit and character.  Step 1 -check!  Next is collateral type.  What kind of investing are you interested in?  Do you currently own your own home?  A great way to get started is to house hack - that is, occupy a small multi-family as your primary residence and rent out the other units.  You may also be an attractive partner for someone with knowledge and experience, but without established or good credit.  Be very careful with  partnerships - but it is an option.  Please share what some of your goals are.  Thanks!

@Obdia Whitmore

I agree with @Steve Vaughan ! Way to go with those scores! Have you ever considered investing in rental properties?  It is a great way to supplement your normal income and generate cash flow while getting property value appreciation (if you pick the right markets)! 

Hi Steve and Laura!                                

Steve, I did the house hack method. Two years ago, I purchased a 3 unit building. Now, i'my trying to see what's the next best move? Here it is I have good credit and don't know what to do with it. Or shall I say what my next move should be. 

Frank, yeah, it is!  Now, I have to come up with a plan to get there.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here