• west palm beach, FL
Votes |
Lender/Summit & Crowne Cap Partners Scam

Rudsa J.
  • Investor
  • west palm beach, FL
Posted Apr 16 2017, 19:53

Hello everyone,

I am an investor who unfortunately got desperate and was taken advantage of by my broker Mark Pascua and Summit & Crowne Capital Partners/ Tony O'Brien.

Back in March 2016, I was introduced to Summit & Crowne Capital Partners/ Tony O'Brien through a local broker here in SFL from my REI club named Mark Pascua. Unfortunately, I was desperate. I had certain investment properties where their hard money balloom were coming due and due to recent bankruptcy I could not get conventional financing to refinance. I was also under contract for new purchase of another investment property. I paid a total of $2,920 to Summit& Crowne /Tony O'Brien via realestatelenderusa.com; $1,950 application fee and $970 for the appraisal of current 2 investment properties. Summit & Crowne months later never did anything and I kept getting the run around from Tony and Mark. Three into waiting, one day I received a call from Tony who told my new purchase did not appraised and that they could not lend me the amount of money I was looking for, which was by the way only 70% of the purchase price when prior the broker had told the lender will lend not only the purchase but also the rehab money. There was no appraisal ever ordered for the refinance nor did the lender do anything on my behalf. I got fed up and immediately notified Tony and Mark in writing via email in May 2016 that I could not wait any longer and was fed up with their mediocrities and want nothing to do with Summit/ Tony.

In June I sought the advice of an attorney friend who contacted Tony directly over the phone and Tony refused to reimburse my money. My friend then sent a Demand letter (on 6/2016) to Summit and to date, I have Not received any money. Tony told my attorney that the application fee was non refundable as disclosed on the papers that I signed and that the only money that would be return to me was the appraisal fee on the refinance since no appraisal was ever ordered.

The last email I received from the attorney was on 10/2016. Initially Tony claimed Summit & Crowne's attorney needed to review the docs and was out on vacation and that was the cause of the delay. When the attorney contacted Tony again, Tony claimed "the check was mailed and may have gotten lost in the mail". My attorney has since then asked him to sent him the check directly. To date, there has been No check.

I believe Mark Pascua was in on it because 1) he has done nothing to help me reuperate any of the funds from the lender, 2) he has since then cut all communication with me, 3)) he also remove my name from the REI club so I no longer receive club event notifications or invitations.

As for Summit & Crowne Capital Partners/Tony O'brien, I have check the NC commisioner of banks and Summit & Crowne is not named as a licensed entity with that state. Tony counts on the fact that any filing of lawsuit will need to be filed in his operation states and realize that the cost may not be worth it in a lot of cases. This is what he relies on to scam people.

I don't know who they are licensed by or what state? I would like to file a formal complaint. I don't know what else.

I appreciate any feedback you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

RJ

Loading replies...