Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Josh McCants
Votes |
New to real estate. Start with my FHA or try to get hard money?

Josh McCants
Posted Nov 14 2018, 16:17
Hi, I’m Josh. I live in Ohio and I’m brand new to bigger pockets and to real estate. I’m looking for some beginner advice on FHA flipping and Hard money loans and also to create a relationship with some members of the bigger pockets community. We bought our first house, with no intentions of using it to make money, in june of 2016 for just below the appraised value of 85,000 for 79900. We used an FHA loan. A family member of mine has been successful in real estate In Nevada for the past few years and ive been interested but I’d never thought I had the money to start. Recently he came to town on business and showed me a little bit about flipping rehabs using hard money loans. Needless to say I was excited! I own a used car dealership and the method is very similar to using a floor plan as far as the terms of the loan. He told me all about the bigger pockets blogs and podcast and I’ve been listening to different methods and strategies all day, exploring my options on how to start my real estate career using as little money out of pocket as possible. Any tips or advice on what you would do in my shoes? Thanks!

Loading replies...