Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Klaycon Santos
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Taunton, MA
Votes |
got my preapproval after 1 day application can I auto refinance?

Klaycon Santos
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Taunton, MA
Posted Aug 16 2019, 18:11

Was waiting for pre approval to go through, now that I have it, can I refinance my auto loan do I can lower my payment or wait till after I close on a house? Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Doran Summers
  • Lender
  • Chicago, Il
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Chicago, Il
Replied Aug 16 2019, 18:35

@Klaycon Santos I would wait till you close on the house so it doesn’t be s red flag from the lender. Sometimes they may check your report again before closing which could keep you from getting the loan you applied for.

There was this client who was refinancing his home and we kept reminding him to not buy a Bentley because it will affect his DTI. So he goes out and does it anyway. So once he done that he couldn't get the refinance and had to go hard money.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Mason
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
  • Lender
  • California
ModeratorReplied Aug 17 2019, 00:55
Originally posted by @Klaycon Santos:

Was waiting for pre approval to go through, now that I have it, can I refinance my auto loan do I can lower my payment or wait till after I close on a house? Thank you

Call your LO and disregard all internet advice. There's too many moving parts here and not enough information for any of us to answer. 

• Lender California (#1220177)

CommLoan Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes