Purchasing a non-performing Note

5 Replies

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about purchasing a non-performing Note from a lender utilizing financing in some way? We don't have quite enough cash to buy the Note outright but it's a good deal and we're trying to identify if there are 'note lenders' out there or what to complete the transaction. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

@Logan Hassinger

Unfortunately I do not have any contacts or individuals that I can tap for true Private Money. Are there private money institutions or organizations out there I can present the proposal to? That or capital partners who invest in these sort of assets?

@Logan Hassinger

Another question. With your experience what do you think is a fair market price for a non-performing note? I’ve seen things ranging from 50-60 cents on the dollar all the way up to 90 and down to 20. Is there an average I should work with when making my offer?

@Jarrod Miracle

I’m not aware of any institutions lending on notes, performing or nonperforming. This is a cash rich business and without it, there isn’t much you can do, whether your own funds or private capital. 

As for pricing on nonperforming paper, should typically be around 50% discount but when there’s significant equity then the discount will decrease. Each note price is different and no two notes are the same. 

@Jarrod Miracle while you certainly can find lenders that will lend against a note, it's on notes that you own.  But the best place to get these types of scenarios answered is in the form answered "Tax Liens, Notes, Paper & Cash Flows".  Try that form for answers about investing in notes.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here