• Investor
  • Norton, MA
Votes |
CERTIFIED PMB TRYING TO BECOME RE INVESTOR

Robin Hopkins
  • Investor
  • Norton, MA
Posted Jan 19 2021, 08:58

I recently became a Certified Private Money Broker and my original plan was I thought I would use that business to build my Capital so that I could then become a Real Estate Investor. As I started out in my Broker business I realized it was going to take me a while to get things up and going because I was going to have to do everything manually, even though the company that I received my training from has a phenomenal software program that can help completely speed up and automate my entire business, the problem is I just don't have the funds to be able to afford that software (it is quite expensive upwards of like $4K+) so at the moment I just don't have the funds for that right now. But what I suddenly found was that I was getting bombarded with all kinds of Real Estate Investing training and opportunities from every direction so suddenly I felt like something was telling me to shift to RE Investing so suddenly I have been immersed in all kinds of RE training, websites that offer memberships, etc. so now I am thinking maybe I will go the REI plan first and use those profits to help fund my Broker business and there is also a phenomenal program that same company has that can automate my REI business too. So here is the reason for my post.

Should I be doing it this way? Are there any PMB out there, if so how did you start out your business when you began? Do you have any suggestions on ways to help get that up off the ground? Current REI, do you all have any suggestions? I am planning to start with Wholesaling, any Wholesalers out here, can you offer any advise or suggestions on how best to find, calculate an offer price, how do you present your offers, how long do you put in for closing your deals? Since I am so new to all of this side of RE I am not sure just how to start... I am also a Certified Paralegal and I worked in Law Firms for over 25 years doing the majority of my work within the Real Estate field so I understand a lot of how RE works and a lot of all the ins and outs of it but now that I am getting into the actual buying side of it, I know this is a different side of the entire process so I feel a bit lost starting out.

And I guess as an ender here I can say since we are all in the REI business here, since I have now said it and opened that door... If anyone is in need of finding funding for their Investing projects, please also feel free to reach out to me, I will be happy to discuss helping you out and helping you get the funding you need for your projects since you are great enough to help me out so it is a win - win!

And I thank anyone for any help, suggestions or help they can offer because I really want to do this right to help take care of my family, as right now I am a person on Disability and my Husband is of Retirement Age, but he also works for a company that is a seasonal only company (they have to shutdown every fall/winter) because they are an outdoor music venue and now since the pandemic he has not been able to go back to work.  We are trying hard not to have to pull his SS for retirement because the longer we can hold off the more he will get and lord knows we need every penny we can get now with the prices of everything going up except our income, I just decided I needed to do something to help us secure our own future and not depend on anyone else to promise us a paycheck all while making them rich....

Thanks for listening....

Loading replies...