User Stats

Votes
Michelle Meyer
Votes |
Seller financing contract, as a seller.

Michelle Meyer
Posted Jun 15 2022, 17:35

Hello,

I am looking for ideas, I am selling my rental. We are under contract, but with the prospect of a market shift, buyers is asking for a reduction.

I don't want to break the deal, but also don't want to lower the price we are under contract.  

Does anyone have examples where I get the lower amt they are now offering, we close, but I get the remainder of the initial agreed amt after they have built and sold the new house? 

This is a builder and they are looking  to demolish my property and build a new one then sell. 

Any help/advise would be appreciated, I don't think I should leave money on the table specially because I didn't want to sell to start with, but this buyer came to me and now if I don't take their lower offer, my agent is taking 50% of the earnest money, basically they are putting me against a wall and I want to have options to present to them.  I asked my agent to ask if they would be interested in creative financing, but not sure my agent has experience and I certainly only have based on what I hear on videos or read in forums.

Thanks all

Loading replies...