• Columbus, OH
Votes |
QuantmRE Equity Share

Daniel Judge
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jan 4 2021, 11:01

I'm wondering if anyone has ever used QuantmRE or one of the other equity sharing businesses out there? Basically they will give you a chunk of money based on the appraised value of your property and the amount of equity you have, then take a portion of future equity growth (Example: you have a property worth 300k with 150k in equity; they give you 50k in exchange for paying that amount back when you sell the property as well as a 25% stake in future equity growth). You pay them off when you sell the property, so there are no debt payments for up to 30 years. Not great, but not bad either if you can use the money to leverage and purchase even more property, which is what I'm considering doing. Most that I've researched will only fund you on your personal residence, but it looks like QuantmRE will also do rental properties. 

If anyone has used this approach before, I'd love to hear your experience in doing so. Particularly how onerous it is working with the company when you improvements on it. Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...