• SW Washington
Votes |
twice moved manufacture home financing options

Jeremy Bernard
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Posted May 30 2022, 10:22

I have been listening to Brandon Turner's books on my drive to and from work and rental properties interest me. I came across what I think seems like a good deal on a 3 bdrm 2 bath manufactured home on a .22 acre plot. My question is from what the interwebs has told me thus far is twice moved manufacture homes are difficult to find financing for. I do have the option of a VA loan, however I don't want this to be my primary residence. The specific location is Longview, Wa.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Plante
  • Deland, FL
Votes |
  • Deland, FL
Replied May 30 2022, 11:14
Quote from @Jeremy Bernard:

I have been listening to Brandon Turner's books on my drive to and from work and rental properties interest me. I came across what I think seems like a good deal on a 3 bdrm 2 bath manufactured home on a .22 acre plot. My question is from what the interwebs has told me thus far is twice moved manufacture homes are difficult to find financing for. I do have the option of a VA loan, however I don't want this to be my primary residence. The specific location is Longview, Wa.

Are you saying it will be used as a rental? 

I don’t know of any companies who loan on rental mobile homes.  So I am interested to know that 

as for twice moved homes which are primary residence and possibly vacation home mortgage companies. 

• Cascade,
  • 21st
  • Center state
  • Vanderbilt
  • VLM

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Bernard
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Replied May 30 2022, 11:54
Quote from @Michael Plante:

I don’t know of any companies who loan on rental mobile homes.  So I am interested to know that 

as for twice moved homes which are primary residence and possibly vacation home mortgage companies. 

• Cascade,
  • 21st
  • Center state
  • Vanderbilt
  • VLM

Well, What I would like to do is use it as a rental property. I think it has better potential as a rental unit than my current residence. I do appreciate the input and tomorrow I think I will make some phone calls to lenders.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Plante
  • Deland, FL
Votes |
  • Deland, FL
Replied May 30 2022, 12:58

• Cascade,
  • 21st
  • Center state
  • Vanderbilt
  • VLM

Well, What I would like to do is use it as a rental property. I think it has better potential as a rental unit than my current residence. I do appreciate the input and tomorrow I think I will make some phone calls to lenders.

PLEASE if you find A lender who will do a loan on a twice moved rental mobile home post her name here

or please send me a direct message

I have always had to pay cash for mine and have a lot of equity I would love to get mortgages on thank you

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 1 2022, 16:09

I would like information on this issues as well, was told the mobile homes couldn't have been moved since purchased and put in place, must be a double wide.  I'm sure no bank would loan on a used mobile home not used as the owner's residence, though after you get a loan you could probably rent it if you lived in it for a while first.  

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Bernard
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Replied Jun 1 2022, 16:42

I called a local credit union(Fibre Federal CU) the representative that I talked to said that as long as the home was manufactured before 1976 and passed all inspections they would loan up to 95% of the LTV at somewhere between 6 and 7.5% up to 20 years.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Plante
  • Deland, FL
Votes |
  • Deland, FL
Replied Jun 1 2022, 17:08

I called a local credit union(Fibre Federal CU) the representative that I talked to said that as long as the home was manufactured before 1976 and passed all inspections they would loan up to 95% of the LTV at somewhere between 6 and 7.5% up to 20 years.

If you did NOT live there?

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Bernard
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • SW Washington
Replied Jun 1 2022, 18:22

If you did NOT live there?

I explained my tentative plan, she said it was doable. Unfortunately I couldnt make the numbers work.