User Stats

Votes
Brittany Trevino
Votes |
Private Lending Strategies

Brittany Trevino
Posted Jun 21 2022, 17:41

Hey Everyone!

I'd really like some feedback on different strategies everyone has used to obtain private lending or a partner who brings on capital. 

Some background on me, I am a Construction Superintendent and have overseen subdivision development to single family demo/rebuilds, I also oversee renovations for work and have managed my own renos. I have 1 rental and one personal home. I have the knowledge and deals, but I just can't seem to find anyone to help fund or invest in my deals. The people I spent time creating relationships with backed out because they aren't comfortable investing in today's market. How have you handled these types of situations? I attend a small meetup bi-weekly, I talk to local investors, I read books on networking and raising capital, I just don't understand where I am lacking. 

I greatly look forward to hearing your advice. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jun 21 2022, 19:05

Hi @Brittany Trevino, what are your goals?

Are you looking for someone to fund the down payment or are you looking for someone that can finance 80-90% of the deal?

Answering these will allow myself and everyone else to answer your question better.

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Trevino
Votes |
Replied Jun 21 2022, 19:33

Right now I’m looking for a partner to flip with. They would bring the money to buy the property and I would handle the entire renovation & costs to renovate. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Trevino
Votes |
Replied Jun 21 2022, 19:34
Quote from @Brittany Trevino:

Right now I’m looking for a partner to flip with. They would bring the money to buy the property and I would handle the entire renovation & costs to renovate. 

@Andrew Garcia

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jun 22 2022, 07:20
Quote from @Brittany Trevino:

@Brittany Trevino, if you have the costs to renovate, you might not need to find a partner.

Since you have experience, you might be able to get up to 90% of the purchase price and rehab costs financed.

For example, if you are buying a $250k property with $50k rehab, you would need to bring $30k to the table, not $50k. Additionally, you will not need to split profits with a partner.

If you would like a recommendation, feel free to connect.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Cascella
  • Lender
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Sep 14 2022, 11:45

Hey Andrew,

Are there still lenders offering to fund up to 90% of a deal? How are they comfortable taking on that level of risk in today's market?

Obviously they have the property as collateral but I can't see how the math works in their favor if they were to take over the property through foreclosure considering the costs involved. 

I would think something like 65-70% LTV would make more sense.

Thoughts?