Votes
Christopher Duron
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Seller Financing &/or Relationship building Por Favor

Christopher Duron
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Jul 3 2022, 19:47

I am looking for a seller financing deal in National City or San Diego, Ca. I know that’s super specific, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask. 

My business partner and I are firefighters in National City and we want to provide nice, comfortable, updated, well maintained homes to the community we serve. 

I’d love the opportunity to chat, learn, build a trustful relationship, and create a win win situation for all parties involved.  

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 4 2022, 11:00

We don't buy deals in real estate, we buy situations. What would make a seller hop on board to agree to seller financing? This is going to have to be proposed and negotiated, not found. I've found people who have locked in low interest rates during covid and may be behind on their payments are most open to this. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 4 2022, 12:31
Quote from @Christopher Duron:

I am looking for a seller financing deal in National City or San Diego, Ca. I know that’s super specific, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask. 

My business partner and I are firefighters in National City and we want to provide nice, comfortable, updated, well maintained homes to the community we serve. 

I’d love the opportunity to chat, learn, build a trustful relationship, and create a win win situation for all parties involved.  

Welcome to BP, one area where you might be able to find some seller financing deals is non-owner-occupied homes with a lot of equity. People are trying to time the market right now and when NAR released June data I think we are going to see a shift to a sellers market with the # of homes coming on the market. By doing seller financing, they will not be hit with the large capital gains tax they will have to pay.

Just food for thought.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Duron
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Jul 4 2022, 18:04

Thank you very much. Great info. 

User Stats

Votes
Twana Rasoul
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jul 7 2022, 14:32

@Christopher Duron The seller financing deals I come across normally want a significant down payment....the lowest I've come across is 25% down.   on a random note, I may have met you/your business partners in national city back in April...my clients closed on a Multifamily next door to your triplex back in April....You guys were in the middle of remodeling...You guys did a heck of a job on the renovations!

• Real Estate Agent California (#02026495)

Compass Logo

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Duron
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Jul 24 2022, 17:15

Hey Twana.  Sorry for the late reply. I need to log into this more and show that I’m serious. 

That is random. Small world on multiple levels. Yes that was my business partner and those people you helped are awesome. We’re getting along great. 

Thanks for the kind words on the remodel- We have been working 24 hour shifts at our jobs then going there on days off. It’s been crazy. But, we’re ready to rock and roll again.  We’re ready for 25% down. I’m hoping we can get a win win deal. I’m thinking get someone a great sale price or get someone out of a headache property while getting us a better interest rate than conventional lending. Maybe I’m just ignorant to the game though- but I’m setting it as a personal goal. If you are ever around the property, stop in and say hi. We’re finishing the rear units now. And if you come across anything that you want to send our way, please do. We’re serious and capable.  Thanks for reaching out, much appreciated.