• Investor
  • Malden, MA
Votes |
has anybody tries HEI or home equity investing loan

Richard Moreno
  • Investor
  • Malden, MA
Posted Jul 4 2022, 02:20

I've been trying to get a HELOC on my investment property in Providence. And I have had a few offers with reasonable rates. But I was recently offered a home equity investment loan. has anybody used this type of product? I don't know the exact terms yet, but I do know that they lend you from the equity of the property with some points being charged and and NO monthly payments and they will get a % of the equity when you resell or refinance.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 4 2022, 05:47

@Richard Moreno

Yes I am familiar with this type of equity sharing program. Be aware if you borrow say 30% you are giving up 50% if the equity. It’s no a 1-1 swap. Note numbers were illustrative and speak to lender but my point being not an even swap.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Corey
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • San Pedro, CA (90731)
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • San Pedro, CA (90731)
Replied Jul 4 2022, 07:44

I heard about these too. I live in Los Angeles, and as many know, properties appreciate like no one's business so the idea of giving up equity as a percentage of my home's value seems like a bad deal, especially if I plan on using said equity to fund future deals.

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs