Votes
Ryan Parker
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
What to do with Business Credit

Ryan Parker
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Jul 13 2022, 09:41

I am currently trying to obtain more business funding from my partner to Kickstart my real estate investing. 

I'm securing about 50k in credit cards but I am unsure about what to do with the funds. Can they be used for a downpayment (or would I even want to)? 

Would it be better to gear it towards making repairs on a property? I am just unsure how to efficiently use my working capital. 

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jul 13 2022, 10:24

its really up to you and what your business need is......if you can liquidate them and they have 0% apr for 12+ months then you can definitely make some moves.......and make sure its a card that doesnt report to your personal

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Parker
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Jul 14 2022, 18:48
Quote from @Kerry Noble Jr:

its really up to you and what your business need is......if you can liquidate them and they have 0% apr for 12+ months then you can definitely make some moves.......and make sure its a card that doesnt report to your personal

Would it make sense to go with a HML? I'm planning on doing a live in flip in Baltimore if I can't find anything near the DMV corridor

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jul 15 2022, 03:04
Quote from @Ryan Parker:

Would it make sense to go with a HML? I'm planning on doing a live in flip in Baltimore if I can't find anything near the DMV corridor

If you can get 0% interest For XYZ amount of time......I wouldn't go with HM.......but you gotta make sure you're numbers are good

User Stats

Votes
Heath Thomas Jr
  • Lender
  • Baltimore MD
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Baltimore MD
Replied Jul 15 2022, 05:35
Quote from @Ryan Parker:

If you are planning to live in the house, you will possibly qualify for an FHA or conventional renovation loan. This would probably be cheaper than hard money and allow you to put less money down.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Parker
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Jul 15 2022, 08:03
Quote from @Heath Thomas Jr:
Quote from @Ryan Parker:

If you are planning to live in the house, you will possibly qualify for an FHA or conventional renovation loan. This would probably be cheaper than hard money and allow you to put less money down.

Thanks for the insight! I think the 203k will be the best for me! I like the idea of using OPM but in my market it just doesn't seem feasible, at least not yet. 

Thanks for the help y'all!