Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes

Brokers & Real Estate Attorneys for Multifamily Owner Financing

Posted Jul 21 2022, 16:48

I'm in the market to purchase a multifamily property (5-20 units) in Charleston, SC and I'm hoping to get in contact with brokers in the area who specialize in seller/owner financing transactions for multifamily properties and real estate attorneys who specialize in seller/owner financing notes. I'm currently focusing on on-market (or off-market if available) properties with sellers that already understand and express interest in owner financing. 

Looking forward to connecting and thanks in advance!

Charleston, South Carolina

User Stats

Votes
Troy Gandee
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Jul 22 2022, 02:58

@Jeff Landworth Hi, Jeff. We can help you with that, but I will warn that there are not many options for seller financing that asset type. Small commercial multifamily is extremely popular, so sellers don't really have to entertain that type of financing. There can be some tax advantages for them to seller finance rather than outright sell, but it's pretty rare that we see a legitimately decent seller finance option with that kind of multifamily these days. Inventory in 5-20 is hard enough to find to begin with.

As far as attorneys go, Weeks & Irvine is the biggest attorney in town. Mark Weeks or any of his staff attorneys can help you. I use John Florence with Florence Law Firm primarily. He's done a handful of seller finance deals for me with no issues.