Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Maurice Lee
Votes |
Expanding Portfolio in Baltimore Maryland

Maurice Lee
Posted Aug 30 2022, 06:17

I am looking to expand my real estate portfolio to buy include commercial properties ( multi family) but I am having difficulties finding financing. I bought my first property last year and lenders are turning me down. Does anyone have any alternative funding options that I can explore? The property has some tenants and does not need renovations. However, I could raise ground rent if I made some renovations. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Norman
  • Investor, Realtor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Investor, Realtor
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Aug 31 2022, 04:23

What is the reason you are being turned down? If its because of the property then a good HML should be able to help you out, however if its because of your qualifications (debt/income/credit/cash) then alternative financing may be harder to come by (albeit certainly not impossible!).

Also note that ground rent is an expense, not a source of income. It also doesn't vary based on renovations - its fixed into perpetuity.

User Stats

Votes
Ozzy Sirimsi
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Sep 6 2022, 03:47

Which ways did you try so far?? and  Did you mean you would get higher rent or something  not Ground Rent

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes