Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Paul Moersen
Votes |
Cash-Out Refinance For 2nd Home

Paul Moersen
Posted Oct 25 2022, 17:12

Bigger pockets - I’m building a spec home and funding w heloc.  The home will be finished it February and exploring doing a cash out refi and renting the new build out, if market isn’t favorable.  Where can I find a good cash out refi lender where I can put as less $$$ down as possible w good rates?  

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Wright
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Metro Detroit
Replied Oct 25 2022, 17:22

After 30 phone calls I found Discover loans.

im pulling a home equity to use as a bridge.  

i have extenuating circumstances so basically start calling around and see what will work.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sofia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 4 2022, 06:58

Don't use your property as an ATM.  A common mistake aggressive make.  The market grew way too fast in a short time.  Now we see declining values.  I've seen this show before but this time will be much, much worse.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jared Rine
Lender
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Nov 4 2022, 17:18

@Paul Moersen...if I'm understanding your posting, the home will be free/clear because your use of the HELOC to build? If that's the case, what type of leverage on the new spec home were you looking for and/or what could you be comfortable with? What type of market rents would the property command? I'd like to hear more.

• Lender California (#01915324) and California (#893462)

United Lending Partners Logo

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied Nov 4 2022, 17:46

@Lisa Wright why Discover?  Are you getting a secured line of credit?  And how are you going to use that to build your real estate business?

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Wright
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Metro Detroit
Replied Nov 6 2022, 12:43
Quote from @Kerry Baird:

@Lisa Wright why Discover?  Are you getting a secured line of credit?  And how are you going to use that to build your real estate business?

Because I'm strictly 1099 since Feb and most loans require you to have 2 years of tax returns or a guarantor.  But the guarantor needs to live in the home.   So that is the path I found where all the rules worked.  It was annoying because before real estate was I doing property management for a company but they will not count that. 
I'm pulling an home equity loan to purchase a second with cash.  I will sell this one and then own outright with cash left over to invest in a new spot.  Rehab, sell, repeat. 

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 7 2022, 14:02

Check local banks