Votes
Natalie Gelbke-Mattis
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Seller Financing Terms I want to offer for a Lakefront Motel

Natalie Gelbke-Mattis
Posted Nov 6 2022, 03:11

I am in the process of purchasing a motel, and i have a lot stacked against me in terms of coming up with 20-25% (I only have 15% liquid as of today) , rising interest rates, and cash reserves that may be needed in a commercial mortgage.  I am trying to liquidate some properties, but this will be the slowest selling season.   I want to approach the seller with terms for a short-term bridge interest only loan while i continue to raise capital, stabilize the motel (it is extremely underperforming) and hopeful for lower interest rates.   Would I be able to get feedback on the terms i would like to offer?  I want to make sure they are not offensive.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Purchase Price $ 549,000.00
Deposit (year 1) due 1/1/2023 $ 55,000.00
Deposit (year 2) due 1/1/2024 $ 55,000.00
Loan Term/Amort - 24 months/ 180 months - interest paid* $ 37,044.00
*50% towards purchase price
Total cash to seller by 1/1/2025 $ 586,044.00
Terms 
24 month / 180 amortization @ 7.5% interest with 10% down.
Full access and occupancy of property
full charge of day-to-day operations including all revenue generated
fully responsible for all expenses and maintenance of property
Allowed two inspections a year to ensure proper maintenance and operation of property
All improvements will be funded by buyer and 100% of net profit
Buyer to obtain permanent financing within 24 months
Deposits and 50% of interest as down payment
If permanent financing not obtained by buyer, all deposits, interest and improvements are non-refundable

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Nov 6 2022, 05:16

@Natali Gelbke-Mattis

First thing I would do is ask the seller if they would be open to some creative short term financing? If they say no then you don’t need to waste your tim racking your brain over it

User Stats

Votes
Natalie Gelbke-Mattis
Votes |
Replied Nov 7 2022, 13:00
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Natali Gelbke-Mattis

First thing I would do is ask the seller if they would be open to some creative short term financing? If they say no then you don’t need to waste your tim racking your brain over it

Part of my intention is to sell them on the idea, and put on paper his ROI. The sellers are an older couple ready to retire from the Motel, so building the relationship is important in this transaction. I've never structured seller financing so i didn't want to come off as offensive.

I'll just go for it - at worst, he says no.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes