Votes |
What Can Be Paid For With Credit Cards

Patrick Q.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Jersey City
Posted Apr 5 2023, 14:29

Hello guys,

Reaching out to see if anybody has used credit cards for realtor commisions associated with aquisitions.

In my senario, I would be potentially paying the realtor fees as part of the deal structure.

It is relitively easy to get a 0% interest for 18-21 months on a credit card and there is no bank approval process to deal with.

I would rather not lay out the cash if I can finance this cost and pay it off over 20 months and keep the cash working elsewhere (or for reserves).

To be clear, I could layout the cash. But would rather finance it.

Any thought or info on this would be greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Alex L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Apr 5 2023, 14:37

I've used my credit cards for quite literally everything. However, some things the only way to pay with a credit card is by taking the cash out of it, sort of like a "loan." I'm not sure how realtor commissions work when it comes to paying them, but I would imagine it's not something you can just swipe your card for. Keep in mind, if you do take money out of the card, there's that 3-5% transfer fee for whatever amount you take out. So, if you're going to finance something this route, make sure the fees make sense. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Teti
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Southern NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Southern NJ
Replied Apr 5 2023, 15:18

Same, you can use cards to pay for anything if you know how to do it. And do NOT do a cash advance. Interest is way too expensive and you can only use part of your limit. I would also recommend using business credit cards as you won't have to worry about impact to your personal credit. 

MB Capital Solutions Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.