User Stats

Votes
Ryan Dreibelbis
Votes |
Financing in 90% investor building

Ryan Dreibelbis
Posted May 7 2023, 05:55

Hey all,

I'm trying to find financing to buy in a 90% investor occupied building in Coral Springs, FL. There seem to be some DSCR loans that will work, and I found one investment mortgage company that will do it. Anyone have experience with this? Any guidance?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied May 7 2023, 13:47
Quote from @Ryan Dreibelbis:

Hey all,

I'm trying to find financing to buy in a 90% investor occupied building in Coral Springs, FL. There seem to be some DSCR loans that will work, and I found one investment mortgage company that will do it. Anyone have experience with this? Any guidance?

You buying it for owner occupant or for investment purposes. If owner occupant its going to be difficult because conventional financing will not touch it. See if seller would do seller financing.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Davidson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied May 8 2023, 05:33

Hey all,

Reach out to a agent or title company see if what deed of trust or mortgages are on the place. That is a list of who will lend on the property. If there isn't any it will be super tough. Find a local bank/ CU and see if they have a portfolio loan that will work for you and the property. 

Conventional fannie and freddie products wont work.

Best of luck!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 13 2023, 04:51

Hi @Ryan Dreibelbis, will you be occupying this as a primary residence or investment property? If it’s an investment, will you be doing long term rentals or short term rentals? There are various loan products available depending on what it is that you’re looking to accomplish that I can recommend you to.

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied May 22 2023, 13:36

Hey all,

Yes connect with those doing deals in that area, Learn then apply what you learn. See if its actually a good deal.

Good luck 

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied May 22 2023, 13:44

Hey all,

Hi Ryan, 

If you found a lender that can do it, what did you need clarification on exactly? 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo