• Developer
  • falken, ks
Votes |
Need a very NOT risky real estate loan with high DTI

Brad James
  • Developer
  • falken, ks
Posted Jul 24 2015, 22:29

OK, I have a situation in which I need to pay someone off to remove them from the title of real estate.  Basically I am currently building a large steel building, putting living quarters in it, and moving there.  I will then sell my current home in which I currently have a mortgage at 56K.  

The building I am building alone would appraise for 150K, and the land was just purchased 2yrs ago for 120K so lets assume at least 250K appraisal.  

I will own the land and building clean and clear.  

After completing the construction and moving there, I need a loan for about 60K against the property. The issue is unless a banker can see this as a wise investment, they would deny me as my DTI is high and my income on my returns is not that high.

I have never defaulted on anything and pay everything.  However my score is only a 700 because of my use of credit cards for investments.  However, I use them wisely and play the zero interest games, not 20%!

The property is ag property and I believe the ag dept may be able to do a loan for "ag" but they are a SERIOUS PITA.  I would rather get a loan traditionally but I need to figure out what angle I want to attack this.  from my perspective, my god, 60K against a property worth 250K??  how is that risky at all?  Who cares if I can repay??  

Loading replies...