• Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
Online Property Financing

Major Robertson
  • Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Posted Nov 27 2015, 14:04

What I do is buy and sell websites / online businesses online. I know it's not the same as physical real estate however it is very similar. There is such a small amount of people that do this and it's hard to find a community to reach out to hence me singing up here.

I've been doing this for about a year and have been developing websites for about 5 years. I've only been buying and selling with properties worth around a few thousand and have been very successful. The average ROI for holding online property is 2-3 years (yes you read that right) and flipping is of course much shorter. 

I'm finding it difficult to get a loan as you would a traditional house. Lenders are used to that kind of thing and buying websites is new to them. Websites do have value and are considered an asset, yet it seems I can't get a loan to purchase one like a traditional house. The only options seems to be a startup business loan, or personal loan which don't provide enough capital and have high interest rates. I'm looking for $150,000, which would provide enough of an income stream that would let me do this full time.

I'm open to traditional and non traditional loans, investments, financial partners, or any other ideas that may be out there. 

Loading replies...