Votes
Darian Stewart
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Subject to

Darian Stewart
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Feb 11 2016, 10:48

Hello BP community,another newbie here! I have a question for my potentially first deal. It would be a subject to deal. I was visiting at a coworkers house and he asked me, what sounded like to me a jokingly manner, if I would want to start paying his mortgage. We joked about it and went on about the day. Then I got to thinking, he mentioned to me that he was recently divorced, I don't know how long ago, and that it is too much house for one man. I even told him what househacking is but he was not interested. It is a nice 2 story 4 bed 2 bath with a 2 car garage in a nice neighborhood in a small town of about 5,000 people. There is a stable job market from several different big companies in town so it would be a nice rental down the line. But I would want it to be my own home for a year, at the most two. My questions are this. 1. Can i get a home equity loan? 2. How do I go about asking a bank for a home equity loan on a deal like this because I would use it to start buying more deals like this but keep enough for reserve capital. Of course the numbers always have to be plugged in, but I was just curious if I could a equity loan and I don't want to trigger a due on sale clause or waste any of my time before I get to deep into it. So thanks. Any answer is appriciated!

Loading replies...