Votes
Justin Schrage
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Votes |
Canada - The best financing from start-up to financial freedom

Justin Schrage
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Posted May 29 2016, 08:01
Hello BP! I'm a new to the real-estate game. I'm completely liquid, have a 760+ credit score and earn 140k a year. I understand the basic Canadian mortgage rules. 5% down, but have to pay cmhc, vs 20 percent down and no cmhc. 25% down for building rentals, and preferred if you already own the land, plus they keep a certain percentage of your money as you build. Example when you're 20% complete the project they may release 10% of your money. Their insurance you will finish the project. My goal is to buy, (first choice, build second choice) duplex/quadplex. I want to make the most of the money which I have. 30k Rrsp, (first time home buyer transfer up too 25k) and over 50k in savings, no debt, no equity. I'm hoping for a few experienced mentors to help me get the most out of my leveraging my money. Help me get on my way. Most of the information I seem to find is American, which while helpful in principle I'll be borrowing in Canada. I turn 29 next month and my goal was to get started before 30. Thanks in advance for your help. All suggestions are welcomed. Justin.

Loading replies...