Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Terina McKinney
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Camden, NJ
Votes |
NJ Agent looking to Flip her first deal. Need advice! :)

Terina McKinney
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Camden, NJ
Posted Sep 2 2016, 08:07

Hi all,

I am an investor-friendly agent so I spend my days showing properties in dire need of repair and as a designer, I am jumping for joy over all of the POSSIBILITIES I see in these potential flip deals.

But as an agent, I'm sending them to my clients. I want to be the one FLIPPING these houses and making a difference in dilapidated neighborhoods but I don't have the financial backing so I just feel like a kid in a candy store with no candy money. Very sad!

What do you all suggest? I see all of these ads for hard money lending but I don't want to apply for anything and take a hit on my credit score which I have been dutifully rebuilding after a divorce a few years back.  

I have access to deals as an agent. I have an extensive background and education in design. I have a commitment to rebuilding communities in my heart. I just have NO money for investing. 

PS: I already talked to my family about investing in real estate and although they like the idea, I don't see it happening anytime soon or in an organized manner. 

PPS: I have been "studying" REI for some time now through BP and in person at the SJREI meetings. I'm full of information. I just need the moolah but I don't want to make a move until I know the best route to funding my first deal. Any advice is appreciated.

Loading replies...