• Charlotte, NC
Votes |
How plausible is this?

Natalie Kolodij
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Charlotte, NC
ModeratorPosted Oct 20 2016, 14:42

Basically I've come across a really unique property on MLS that is a duplex and SFH on one lot.

- Duplex units 2/1, 800sq, basement with W/d - Renting for $1,100 Each

-House 2/1 1200, basement with W/d - Renting for $1,200

- Rents are below market and could be raised to $1,350 for each duplex unit (I would occupy house, eliminating my current $1,500/mo rent payment)

-Property is listed for $450k

-Duplex alone would value at $260-280

-House would value $250-270

- Mortgage with 3% down works out to apx $2,500/ month 

-With rent increases to $1,350 netting $200 rough (without adding in expenses, repairs, vacancy ect) in addition to my living rent free. (Would pocket my $1,500 previously paying for contingency expenses above) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the dream set up I've been looking for (multi family with separate dwelling) 

It's also .5 miles from my job , and .5 miles from my roommates job. 

It's about $150k more than I was even considering, but allows two rental incomes, as well as my dwelling. 

Now- I don't have the 3% down. 

I'm trying to figure out if there is any type of creative way to make this work. 

-Washington does have a WSHFC down payment assistance program I'd qualify for....I'm not sure how quickly that whole thing would take. But it would give me the $10k needed for down payment. 

-Is this something a hard money lender would consider? a $10k loan at 12% paid back over 12 months type of thing. 

-Is there ever an enticing way to owner finance or get them to work with you without a down payment? (I know they can't give you the payment per fha) 

If it's the world's worst idea, Please feel free to tell me this as well. :)

Loading replies...