• Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Financing Foreign Purchase - Costa Rica

Alex Washburn
  • Investor
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Mar 12 2017, 14:04
Hello Bigger Pockets Community, My fiancé and I are beginning our real estate investment journey but we live and work in one of the most expensive markets in the world - even though we are 20 minutes from San Francisco there is not a property in our city listed at under 1 million (yes). So I recently took a trip to Costa Rica for the sole purpose of identifying regions we would like to invest in and ended up finding a fantastic little condo for our starter property. We've settled on the price of $67,500 usd with the seller. Now - we struggling to find a way to finance the deal. Most Costa Rican mortgage loans require %50 down which we have the cash for but we don't want to tie up that much of our liquid assets in one property as we intend to buy a 2nd property in the next year or so. Combined we make over 200k a year, no kids and no debt. Can anyone point me to the best US based resource either private or commercial that does loans for international real estate purchases? I've had very little luck with google. HSBC does Mexico but not CR.... Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...