• Rental Property Investor
  • Shawnee, OK
Votes |
Beginning again after slow start

Ginger Walker
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Shawnee, OK
Posted May 18 2018, 12:19
In 2011 we house hacked with a VA loan, bought a duplex lived in half and rented half. I love my rental and wanted more but have felt stuck. We have land (56 acres) with a lot of equity and have been trying to convince Hubby to sell to use as down payment for more. Guess I have been too close to the problem because that was the only idea I could come up with to get rolling again. New plan. We are using a 2nd on the land in lieu of down payment to pick up a property. My income plus rents will go toward paying down the property then when it is less than 80% LTV we will be able to drop the land as collateral and reuse it to pick up a new property. With this we can pick up a property a year! Plan to eventually focus more on BRRR but for now 2 full-time workers with young kids we are looking at turnkey. Loved the recent episode that pretty much said you don't have to wait and find or create an amazing deal to be successful. really snapped me out on analysis paralysis and begin and after I moved forward and started the ball rolling on finance I think a great deal actually did sort of roll right in my lap.

Loading replies...