• Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
HELOC on Investment Condo

Tarso Teixeira
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Feb 7 2019, 07:19

Hello BP, 

I am looking for a a lender in Florida that will do a Home Equity Line of Credit on an investment property. I have quite a bit of equity in a condo. I would like to use a HELOC instead of a refinance and prefer a smaller bank or credit union. My challenge so far has been the ratio of owner occupied units.

Any advice as always is greatly appreciated

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Feb 7 2019, 23:26

@Tarso Teixeira I would recommend to post on this in the Florida forum.  It will be very difficult to find a Line of Credit on an investment property...and even harder to find a lender who will do it on a condo.  So post in the Florida forum (if that's where the property is located) to see if any locals have a good suggestion.  Good luck!

Guaranteed Rate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tarso Teixeira
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Feb 8 2019, 08:40
Originally posted by @Andrew Postell:

@Tarso Teixeira I would recommend to post on this in the Florida forum.  It will be very difficult to find a Line of Credit on an investment property...and even harder to find a lender who will do it on a condo.  So post in the Florida forum (if that's where the property is located) to see if any locals have a good suggestion.  Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.