Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Ben Wilde
  • Santa Monica, CA
Votes |
LOC on San Antonio and Austin Investment Properties (Texas)

Ben Wilde
  • Santa Monica, CA
Posted Nov 15 2019, 19:25

I have two duplexes, and have more than 50% equity in both of them. Each property is worth about 200K. In addition, I have about 60K (and growing) in personal cash set aside to invest. Because of this strong financial position and because I'm still new to the real estate business and learning, I'd like to pursue my first true BRRRR deal funded exclusively with my own money. I want to improve my system to the point where I will be able to pursue private money with confidence that I can earn my investors good returns It all starts with doing some laps with some of my own hard earned cash and equity. I have considered cash out refinances of the properties, but do not want to drop the cashflow on either of them by increasing their mortgages. They are both home runs in terms of cash flow. It doesn't make sense to give that up if it can be avoided. I know that it has been asked here before, but I'm looking for any suggestions on where to obtain a Line of Credit on these two properties. Texas law seems to be a little uptight about the whole concept, and all of the banks (local and national) that I have called seem to think I'm looking for a HELOC, and then tell me "no" when they understand that I'm actually looking for a line of credit collateralized by one or two investment properties. I have a goal purchasing another property by 2-1-20 and this piece of the puzzle is holding me up. Thanks for your suggestions.

Best,

Ben

Loading replies...