Tax, Legal Issues, Contracts, Self-Directed IRA

User Stats


Switch from W2 Employee to Consultant for Tax Savings

Posted Jul 21 2022, 11:48

Does anyone have experience with asking their employer about switching from a W2 employee to a consultant so that you can take advantage of the Real Estate Professional status? If the employer pays your LLC S-Corp instead of you as an employee, does this open you up to tons of tax savings opportunities? I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has done this, or any of the CPA's out there.

Upstate New York, New York

Loading replies...