Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Orlando Goodon
Votes |
Inherited multiple evictions on section8. Need to occupy

Orlando Goodon
Posted Aug 4 2022, 09:16

Just purchased a large 5 units with multiple section 8 tenants in pending evictions that have been going on for at least the last 3 months if not longer. For the terms of my loan I need to occupy one of these units within 60 days. The expectation was that the property would be delivered vacant but the evictions are being held up by the ERAP program.

I need to renovate the entire building which means I need the tenants to leave and in addition I need to occupy one of the units. I'm being told different stories about whether I can continue the current cases as the new owner or whether I'll have to start over.

either way I need to get these guys out quickly so I can do my renovations and then move in and then start finding tenants quickly so I can handle the massive mortgage. I can handle the mortgage but that means just about all my money is going to go into the property which means my reserve account is going to be at serious risk with no profit to keep it sustained.

I think my attorney messed up on some things here but we're here now, just looking at what my options are. My understanding is evictions were for non-payment and the tenants should be on month to month only. One has been there for 4 years so that means a 90-day notice. That much I'm clear on.

Loading replies...