• Investor
  • Hackensack, NJ
Votes |
Tax strategist or CPA for Jack of all trades, master of none

Charles Chang
  • Investor
  • Hackensack, NJ
Posted Jun 7 2022, 14:25

I have been search answers for this topic for quite a bit on BP network.  Found some good articles here and there, but nothing solid.  I am bit of jack of all trades but master of none kind of guy.   Both me and my wife have W2s, 1099s and few LLCs that either owns real estates, having an active retail business, and for investing with other joint ventures.   Many of the CPAs that I have dealt with are simply focus on filling tax return at the end of year.    However, I am looking to get help to be more pro-active on strategizing before the filling.  Whether that is through structure or re-structure my current situation, I am all open ears.

If you or you know someone, please do share.   

Thank you to all the BP members.

User Stats

Votes
Frank Avallone II
  • Lender
  • Morristown, NJ
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Morristown, NJ
Replied Jun 9 2022, 08:59

HI @Charles Chang, I go to a guy named Billy Angelo for all my tax needs. He is a super knowledgeable CPA who would be able to help you out with theses questions. He helped me a lot with the structure of my LLC's and get a game plan together for the future.

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Jun 30 2022, 12:49

Have you reached out to your current accountant on advice or things you can do to lower your tax burden?
If yes, what did he say or suggest?

Taxes is very broad and it is hard to know everything.
Taxes can be split between individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, etc
Furthermore, there are multiple different industries/specialties such as real estate, small business, medical, start-ups, etc.

If your focus is real estate - it may be worthwhile to connect with a CPA specializing in real estate.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes