Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Matt A.
Votes |
Need lawyer to review construction contract and residential lease

Matt A.
Posted Nov 17 2022, 16:06

I own a one single unit condo in Oakland, CA and am having trouble finding an attorney to hire to assist me with the following three things. The ones I reached out to only seem to work on large multi-unit buildings, not single unit condos. Any recommendations toward an attorney I can hire for a small single unit condo project like this?

1. Review contractor's contract (before I sign it) for the renovation I plan to have done on my condo. The review is mainly to verify the contractor can't charge me more than the amount I believe I agreed upon with them.

2. Verify that once the above renovation is done (and I've installed various appliances I have in mind), the condo will be up to code enough to be able to rent out to a tenant. If  the attorney can not verify this themself, I'd probably have them verify whichever property management company I hire is certified to verify this.

3. Verify I'm using the correct lease paperwork to rent out the unit. If the attorney can not verify this themself, I'd probably have them verify whichever property management company I hire is certified to verify this.

Thank you!

Loading replies...