Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Cham Vee
Votes |
Looking for tax professional for small real estate investor in Texas

Cham Vee
Posted Feb 22 2024, 11:12

Investors, Can you please recommend a tax professional in Texas based on your experience ? Appreciate it a lot. 

User Stats

Votes
Sean O'Keefe
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 22 2024, 13:05

@Cham Vee

I don't think the location of the CPA matters provided that they have a solid background in Real Estate and software/tools to support you remotely.

There are 20+ real estate CPAs commenting in this forum. Pick one that is commenting on your specific situation and DM them.

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
Pro Member
#5 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Feb 22 2024, 14:27

@Michael Plaks is located in Texas.

You may want to consider reaching out to him.

The big thing with Texas is that they do not have a state income tax. However, they do have a franchise tax filing obligation if you have an LLC doing business inside of Texas.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#4 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#4 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 23 2024, 07:00

Hey @Cham Vee,

Given we are accountants, we cannot promote our services on BP as its against the rules.

To help in your search:

be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.

The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.

Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.

Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 19 2024, 17:19
Quote from @Cham Vee:

Investors, Can you please recommend a tax professional in Texas based on your experience ? Appreciate it a lot. 

It is true that you can hire a professional not only around Texas, but you can also use and connect with experts and professionals at just a fraction of the cost. Try asking the ones that connect you here in the forums. As for me, take a look if you are interested in outsourcing tax professionals that cater to Texas, visit this link: https://www.biggerpockets.com/business/page/536