Looking for a tax expert on real estate investing

5 Replies

I need to know how to shelter my investment property income and the tax laws concerning selling investment property.  Anyone know a good real estate tax expert in San Antonio?  Preferably one is isn't so busy they don't have time or aren't so expensive a newbie couldn't afford them.

Originally posted by @Rita Butts :

I need to know how to shelter my investment property income and the tax laws concerning selling investment property.  Anyone know a good real estate tax expert in San Antonio?  Preferably one is isn't so busy they don't have time or aren't so expensive a newbie couldn't afford them.

A good accountant should cost you a fair amount. (You get what you pay for) That said, they should be saving you at least as much. I do not know of anyone int he San Antonio area; however, there are many of us accountants with clients worldwide.

You want to consider a 1031 exchange to shelter gains on a rental.  If you are actually just selling it there are a great deal of things to factor in.

@Rita Butts

You might connect with Amanda Han who is active on BP, check her blogs etc. She is a real estate CPA

Paul

This post has been removed.

@Rita Butts

I have used both of these: Ed Guerrero is used by many realtors, and real estate investors. Rick Guerra is an Atty that specializes in working with RE investors.  He has filed my tax returns the last 3 years. 

Ed Guerrero 
Guerrero CPA
508 W. Rhapsody
210-490-7100 www.guerrerocpa.com

Law Offices of Rick Guerra (also a tax professional)

Steve Almaraz - Executive Manager

7310 Blanco Rd., Ste 208
San Antonio, TX 78216

(210) 884-0259 Mobile

(866) 325-0341 Fax

[email protected]

Seth Teel, Contractor in TX (#H-928940) and TX (#620984)
210-201-5656

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.