Votes
Amaan Davis
  • Douglasville, GA
Votes |
First Sit-Down w/ Real Estate Lawyer

Amaan Davis
  • Douglasville, GA
Posted Jun 18 2015, 19:19

I'm taking slow baby steps into Real Estate.

I've finished reading:

The Real Book of Real Estate -Robert Kiyosaki (reading it again)

The Tax and Legal Playbook -Mark Kohler (actually about 80% done not completely)

Investing With Little or No Money Down - J. Scott / Brandon Turner (great information guys)

currently reading...

The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs (...) - J. Scott

What Every Investor Needs to Know About Cashflow - Frank Gallinelli

I've arranged a meeting with a Real Estate lawyer, Dana Kyle to discuss the local and state laws of wholesaling in New Mexico (currently stationed here) which is how I plan to get my foot in the door due to lack of funds. I've deduced that wholesalers generally have a bad name as far as providing actual "deals" due to not knowing their market and underestimating rehab costs which I'm going to work hard and make my strongpoint by studying J Scott's book and learning as I go. 

What are some of the questions you guys as experienced investors believe I should add to my list of "must asks". She charges about $280 an hour and I'm definitely planning on using one single hour very wisely so I'd definitely like to get the most bang for my buck. Yes I know, invest in yourself, but keep in mind this is the only lawyer I have contacted and I don't have too much extra cash laying around to "shop around" for hours on end nor to sit and have pointless conversation trying to come up with questions. Any help building a list of questions and I am forever grateful. Looking to add to whatever I come up with as well as any experienced input from here. Thanks ahead of time!

Loading replies...