Looking for RE CPA in Massachusetts (south coast).

2 Replies

Bristol county area is where I'm located.

I'm on my second flip and I feel my accountant just don't give me no advice or time even if I offer to pay for it. I want to start 2016 properly from a finical stand point. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you 


@Ryan Pina if you are flipping houses and your accountant isn't discussing with you at length how to take advantage of the tax code, you are right in your thinking that it's time for a new one.

I'd encourage you to seek out a non-local CPA as you are more likely to find one that meshes well with you and maintains the level of expertise required to help you fully take advantage of the tax code. Technology allows us to collaborate with clients all over the US (and world) - for instance, I live in DC but have two clients in Mass - the only thing I can't do is shake their hands.

If you are set on using someone local, seek out local investors here on BP, connect with them, and ask for referrals. You may also find it beneficial to join a FaceBook or local REIA group and pose the question to the members.

Another way to do it is to call up the state CPA board and ask them for referrals. They are usually more than willing to help.

Hope this helps!

@Brandon Hall I appreciate you taking time to respond to my question and I'm starting to get that idea that I might not need to go local I just figured that using some one local makes things a lot easier in the way of communicating and transferring documents. And yes you are correct technology has made that allot easier regardless whether you are 5 minutes a way or 5 hours. What I need to do is make decision soon because I want to be able to take advantage of my LLC next year.