Votes
Miranda Wilson
  • Moundsville, WV
Votes |
Bought a mobil home n was not legally sold

Miranda Wilson
  • Moundsville, WV
Posted Nov 27 2015, 02:17

hi all, im having some really hard problems getting the title to the mobil home I purchesed almost 5 yrs ago from the property owner. When we paid 3000,00 cash for my place he told me hed give the title to me in less than 2 weeks. It never happened. He did give me a rental agreement where he put I paid the 3grand for BACK RENT!!  I wantex to get home insurance on it. Was not able to bc I didnt have a title n to get rental insurance I had to put a new roof n skirting on. I put over 10grand into fixing it up. So I wasnt willin to put more money into it. I contacted my now landlord n he told me to look into it n see how I could get it. Everyone told me that he illegally sold me the propery n to sue him. I told him what they told me n he got very angry n said if I did that id have to pay his attorney fees n would have 30 days to get out. I cant move the trailor without title. N I dont have anywhere to put ut or have the money to get it moved. I had got a lawsuit settlement n found me n my son our was hopin home for a long time. So my grandfather told me to drop it bc where else would we get a 3 bedroom place for 100 a month. He didnt pay all the money I did. The land owner knew that we was puttin money into it. It wasnt worth 500 bucks, it was trashed, walls floors carpets flooring everything needed fixed. He gave us one month to get it in liveable conditions. He pocketed the money tax free n didnt even split it with his brother, the half owner of the property. Ive heard of two diff ppl having the title in their names. Both ppl want paid for their trailor. The last person up n left due to a cpl months back rent n the land owner woulnt let him take it so it was completely trashed. Ive even tried to find a model number but its been branded out. Someone surelly is payin back rent I thot. But I dont kno what to do. Me n my grandfather was there n signed our names n the only other person was one if his friends. Everyone here knew the condition of this place bc they all came to look at the final look. I picked all the colora n carpets I did it to my liking bc I am a singlr mother on ssi n actually had the chance to purchase a home for my son n I that we could call HOME...where no one could tell us to leave, ya kno. Ive heard of some kind of swuatters rights but no one in this lot would stand up for me. The land owner isnt very nice n no one wasnts there rent upped or kicked out. No one is even allowed renting their homes, everyone has to own them n live in them. Then theres us. The land lord did try n say to me...well I told ur grandpa that theur was no title. I said no u didnt bc I was right there. He lives with us n we help each other on bills n food. Hes even sayin that my grandfather is the closest to the owner of this place. When my name is clearly first. He knows my pap wont fight for it. Hes happy. Hes also gettin pretty old. N thats y I have to figure something out. Hes the only witness for me. N I may have to find another place if something were to happen to him. I cant afford alll the bills myself. I get too much for any kind of welfare assistance. This was like my only chance. I knew exactly what I was gonna do with the l settlement I got, n that was get me n my son a stable home of our own. So anyone if u could lead me in the right direction it would b so much greatly appreciated....u dont even kno. We love the country n where we r at. My son is too much of a country boy to put back into a hud appartment. HELP :-) n ty ty ty for anyone who took the time to read this. 

Loading replies...