Robert Smith
  • Happy Valley, OR
Votes |
Right of Redemption in Oregon

Robert Smith
  • Happy Valley, OR
Posted Jul 7 2016, 23:34

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the right to redemption laws in Oregon. I have read several posts here that cover it well but I have a specific question I am not clear on. It is very possibly a simple answer but I'm sure there is someone more experienced that can tell me definitively if I've got the right idea. There is a property coming up for auction later this month in Portland that we are interested in but I'm nervous about buying something that someone else has the right of redemption to. The original debtor is deceased and the property has gone to two heirs. My assumption is that both the inheritors (they are siblings in this case) would have to sign in order to give up the right to redemption, if an investor were to approach them about it. It seems self explanatory but I don't want to miss something and find out about it on the back end. I haven't had any luck contacting wither heirs but have only been trying for a couple days. 

I'm hoping I can catch the attention of some of the gurus that chimed in on other's local posts. Thanks. 

Loading replies...